Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB
The latest and Greatest Raspberry Pi Board.
The Raspberry Pi 4 Model B is the latest computer board from Raspberry Pi. This latest version offers more processing power, more memory and more connectivity while being backward compatible with the projects created on previous models.
What's new with Raspberry Pi 4?
● The Raspberry Pi 4 has received a performance boost with an upgraded processor giving it similar power to an entry level PC.
● There is now a choice of memory size; 2GB and 4GB to enable more complicated processes to run efficiently.
● Dual micro-HDMI ports enables a dual screen set-up - previous versions featured 1 standard HDMI port.
● Up to 4K video decoding.
● 2 x USB 3.0 ports enable faster connectivity to other peripherals – previous models has 4 USB 2.0 ports.
● Power is supplied via USB-C – Raspberry Pi 3 was powered via micro-USB at 5.1v
What is the Raspberry Pi?
A Raspberry Pi is a compact computer board offering endless opportunities. From the beginning, the Raspberry Pi was designed to be simple to use and simple to adapt to what you want to do with it.
Simply plug into a TV or monitor, keyboard, mouse and power supply, and you are ready to go. The great thing about Raspberry Pi is that it is suitable for almost all age groups. Whether it’s introducing programming to children, or used by engineers to make complex computer-controlled systems, anyone can use one.
There is a huge range of "HATs" (Hardware Attached on-Top) and other accessories which you can connect to the Raspberry Pi and add specific features such as: ● Cameras
● LCD displays
● Motor drivers
● Mobile data connection
● Digital TV decoders
Raspberry Pi is one of the best-selling computers of all time, with 25 million Pi boards sold so far. (Feb 2019).
Processor: Broadcom BCM2711 Processor Quad core A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC
Memory (depending on model): 2GB LPDDR4 SDRAM or 4GB LPDDR4 SDRAM
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
WiFi: 2.4GHz/5.0GHz IEEE 802.11ac
Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet
USB: 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x USB 3.0 ports
Connection: 40-pin GPIO Header
HDMI: 2 x micro HDMI ports (up to 4Kp60 supported)
Video: 2-lane MIPI DSI display port, 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
Audio: 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
Multimedia: H.265 (4Kp60 decode), H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode. OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics.
Storage: microSD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
Input power: 5v DC via USB-C Connector (min 3A), 5v DC via GPIO header. POE enabled (PoE HAT required)
Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C