CTC101 Arduino STEAM Education Toolbox Kit for the Classroom
Arduino CTC101 is an ideal Education Toolbox for the Classroom. Suitable for teachers or instructors to teach school students aged from 13 to 17 and require no prior experience with electronics or programming. Creative Technologies in the Classroom 101 or CTC 101 is Arduino's one-of-a-kind STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) program for upper secondary education. Students are introduced to the foundation of programming, electronics and mechanics through a hands-on approach. The CTC101 Toolbox comes with video tutorials, step by step instructions for an easy to assemble experiments that give an innovative learning experience.
What can you find in the Kit?
It includes more than 700 components and parts:
• Six Arduino 101 Boards - a microcontroller with programmable inputs and outputs
• Six Education Shields - a unit that is placed on top of an Arduino board to make connecting to electronic components easier
• More than 10 mini breadboards
• Plugs and play modules
• Cables – USB cables, jumper wires, module cables, battery snaps, alligator cables and single core wires
• Set of Sensors and actuators - includes light sensors, button inputs, knock sensors, potentiometers, touch/capacitive sensors, tilt sensors, infrared array, a joystick, LEDs, buzzers, a speaker and servo motors
• Component Modules - quick-connect modules that include the necessary components
• Connectors and various components - other items needed complete electronics assembly
• 26 experiments divided into 5 themed blocks
Arduino CTC101 comes with user access to the online platform where up to three tutors are given the access. With this, you will be offered 30 minute slots per toolbox where you can manage each of your students. They can then learn how to get started with programming and physical computing. The access is granted to tutors first, which will allow them to prepare and adapt their lesson plans with more engaging and creative techniques. This program is designed for students to take a hands-on approach and achieve defined learning objectives.
Activities for students:
1. Introduction to programming and basic coding
2. Arduino boards and digital signals
3. Introduction to analogue signals and serial communications
4. Explore robotics, power systems and motors
5. Introduction to wireless communication via Bluetooth and advanced sensors
6. Extra material is provided to get ready for troubleshooting
After this course, students will be confident enough to create their own projects.