An Ethernet Shield allows an Arduino development board to be connect to the internet. It is based on the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip. The Wiznet W5100 provides a network stack capable of both TCP and UDP. It supports up to four simultaneous socket connections. Use the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield. The ethernet shield connects to an Arduino board using long wire-wrap headers which extend through the shield. This keeps the pin layout intact and allows another shield to be stacked on top.
- IEEE802.3af compliant
- Low output ripple and noise (100mVpp)
- Input voltage range 36V to 57V
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- 9V Output
- High efficiency DC/DC converter: typ 75% @ 50% load
- 1500V isolation (input to output)